Tjabal Indigenous Higher Education Centre provides a meeting place for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students studying at the Australian National University in Canberra. Here you will find Indigenous students and staff strongly committed to improving education outcomes that benefit Australian Indigenous communities. We focus on:
- the recruitment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students;
- retention by having a dedicated Academic and Studies Coordinator to assist each student on campus;
- graduation, providing a uniquely ANU Indigenous graduation stole and by joining in your success by attending your graduation;
- supporting the teaching and learning of Indigenous students;
- undertaking advocacy on issues of concern to the Indigenous students and community; and
- providing advice and expertise in Indigenous areas as a contribution to the ANU community, the ACT Indigenous community and the Australian Community.
TjIHEC artwork created by Danie Mellor.